Wednesday, November 10, 2010

An Open Letter to Standard Time

Dear Standard Time:

I hate you! I hate the eyeball trauma you cause me on both my morning AND evening commutes as the lazy sun-orb parks its precious self just atop the horizon. And I hate that the sun-orb sees fit to douse my world with mentally-beneficial vitamin D only while I'm forced to be inside a vehicle or office building. And I hate that I have barely 30 minutes of daylight remaining once I arrive home. And my dog hates you, too!

Additionally I hate that you and the calendar always conspire to incite my too-often unconcerned customers into suddenly deciding - based solely on your combined influences, as far as I can tell - that the work they've put off all year long is finally Important And Must Be Completed Immediately.


I hate you Standard Time, because your timing is flat-out shitty. For some folks your arrival announces upcoming holidays and joyous family times, but for me you announce only darkness and hours upon hours of overtime work.

You stress me out, Standard Time! And I hate you.

Yours Truly
Jodi

1 comment:

SGC said...

LOL! Love you Jodi!!!