My family and I will be embarking on a new adventure beginning this Friday, April 16. We will spend many hours from then until mid-June wielding hammers, saws, levels, screwdrivers, paintbrushes, caulk guns and cameras as we work with Habitat for Humanity (Johnson County, IN) to build a home for four of our favorite people.My sister Tami and her three boys, Arthur (12), Jaylen (10) and Theo (7) have been blessed with the wonderful opportunity to become homeowners through the Habitat for Humanity program. They are incredibly excited, as you can imagine... and the rest of us are chomping at the bit to get this build underway!
Tami has worked to become a qualified candidate with Habitat for several years. She has earned her stripes as a volunteer on other Habitat projects, and has pinched enough pennies to make the downpayment on her very own home. I'm so very proud of her! She and her boys deserve this awesome opportunity so, SO much.
I will be volunteering at my sister's build site as often as I can, and you can bet that I will be writing about the experience here. I have also arranged to share my stories and photos with Rhett (Executive President, HFH of JC). I pray that my words will be entertaining, enlightening and inspirational. But my greatest hope is that through my experience and stories, others will be led to assist Habitat for Humanity in their goal of assiting deserving families in achieving decent, affordable housing.
(To read about my previous HFH adventures, check out these stories I wrote last summer: Weekend Update, and The Answer is YES.)
XO
Jodi
1 comment:
How exciting! Can't wait to see more progress pics!
Post a Comment