Monday, October 13, 2008

Weekend Update

I spent most of Saturday at my mom's. Finally! After two weekends of planning to visit her and being informed at the last minute that she was too busy for me. (I'm teasing, Mom!) I was unofficially there to give my sister's a break from the excellent work they've done tending to Mom during her recuperation from knee and ankle surgery.

I was officially there to help celebrate Theo's 6th birthday!

(Yes, that's an old photo, and YES he's still that adorable!)

While I was at Mom's I was able to visit sister Connie, who is home recuperating from her own surgery (stupid, broken leg!). She was in good spirits and I was very happy to have time to visit with her, and with all of my sisters for that matter! Besides Theo, Mom and the sisters; I also had time to enjoy a small number of my wonderful nieces and nephews: Toaster, DoodleBug, Art, Jay, Logan, Emma, Kasey, Dustin and Aydan. I didn't see any of my brothers this weekend, though. Bummer!

On Sunday Bob cooked up a rare breakfast treat of bacon and egg sandwiches. YUM! Then we headed for the Colts game. FINALLY the Colts won their first game in our city's brand new stadium. They clobbered the Ravens 31 to 3! With this big win under their belts, we're hopeful the rest of the season will go beautifully and we'll find our team back in the playoffs... and maybe another Super Bowl!

There has been no activity on the Puppy front and there probably won't be for some time. Bob's not overly-eager to invite a new critter into the house, and I don't completely disagree with his reasoning. Malcolm is almost 13 years old and it probably wouldn't be fair to bring a new pup into his house just as he's getting used to being the only guy vying for our attention. But that doesn't mean I won't keep dreaming!

I hope all y'all had a great weekend!
XO
Jodi

No comments: