Friday, August 27, 2010

Three Hundred and Sixty Four Days

With just one day to spare before his offical unemployment anniversary, my husband has finally found a new job! Repeat: My husband is once again gainfully employed!


Bob's new company is an Indiana-based organization with locations in the midwest and southeast United States. This single fact - that they're large enough to have more than one location - pleases me greatly. It's been at least a decade since either of us has been employed by a company large enough to actually have a true "corporate structure". I pray he'll have more stability with the new gig than was afforded him in all those smaller businesses which came before. We could really do with some stability around here.


The day-to-day tasks Bob will be performing aren't probably his most favorite -- he'll be doing more engineering than architecture - but I do hope that he will find work environment comfortable. He's a pretty easy going guy, so I'm sure he'll do just fine.


I know the adjustments here at home will be great and strange for the first few weeks. I might actually need to mow the lawn before the mowing season has ended (GASP!), and Bruno is going to be really sore about having to stay in his crate for eight+ hours a day. I anticipate multiple evening walks to help the poor pup stretch his weary bones. He's used to the crate and doesn't have a problem being in it (he sometimes sleeps there with the door wide open), but because of Bob's unemployment it's been rare that Bruno has been cooped up for more than a few hours at a time.


All in all, I'd say great things are happening here in North B-Burg! At the very least, this new development leaves me a little breathing room to make (long overdue) changes in my own employment status.


Onward and Upward, people!
XO
Jodi

2 comments:

Nita said...

Love this! So glad a break has found its way to you. Best of luck to Bob with his new job and hopes that you are able to make the changes you have been wanting to make soon, as well.

Steph said...

Loving you Sista from anotha Motha! So happy for you!!! I think the same is about to happen here too. Keep sending your good energy please. Loving you from afar.