Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cool New Dog Bed

I read Dooce's blog daily and I was intrigued when she featured this dog duvet in one of her recent posts. I did some research and pretty quickly decided that I had to have this for my Bruno. I just knew I had tons of worn out clothing, blankets, sheets, towels, etc. lying around the house that could be used for filler, and I figured stuffing the dog's bed was an excellent way to recycle all that crap. I was confident about my plan right up until the Stuff Sack and my chosen duvet arrived via FedEx.
I purchased the "huge" size of both the Stuff Sack and the duvet, because my dog... he's gonna be huge. But (holy cow!) 36" W x 45" L x 5" Thick is a lot of space to fill! I worried for a minute or two that I would have to buy filler material just to make the new bed comfortable.

I was wrong, of course... it was (sadly) far too easy for me to fill that sack. I could probably fill another of the same size, which only proves that there is far too much crap in this house. Crap accumulates when you've parked yourself in one spot for too long. We need to move soon, just so I have more reason to de-clutter!

Anyway... I got the Stuff Sack stuffed with what must have been 50 to 75-lbs. of useless clothing/bedding/etc, and I got the duvet laundered. YO - stuffing that sack into the duvet was a hassle! I'm not sure how often I will want to wash the duvet because the thought of having to re-stuff it is a bit daunting!

Isn't that a sweet fabric motif?


At any rate, Bruno seems to really like his new, bigger, more awesome bed! I've moved the smaller, less fluffy pillow into the office so that he'll have a soft spot to land if he wants to come hang out with Mom while she blogs.


He's sniffing it out.

And finally settling in.

XO

Jodi

2 comments:

SGC said...

Very cool!

golly molly said...

thank you so much for posting this!! love the pictures & the story!