I find myself living in a strange new world... It's a world in which the garage door opener no longer signals "Mama's home!". It's also a world that doesn't require Mama to hurry home before unintentional and undesirable gifts are left on the carpet. And in this new world I don't have to be prepared for every conceivable canine misadventure, though I still haven't stopped putting lids on the garbage cans.
It's a bit painful to open the garage door knowing that no tail is wagging and no sweet snout will greet me at the door.
It actually bothers me when my neighbors arrive home or walk the street with their pups and there is no hysterical barking to bounce off my windows and echo throughout my house.
I still can't seem to stop myself from balancing the laundry, magazines, drinking glasses or whatever else into just one hand/arm so that the other hand/arm will be free to move the hallway gate from my path... I'm usually more than halfway through my balancing act before I remember that the gate has been moved to the basement. I miss that stupid gate.
Bob wants to wait a year or two before we adopt again, but I'm not really sure my heart can stand to wait that long.
I'll be taking our leftover food and treats to the Humane Society this weekend. I sort of hope that some critter therein will call my name.
XO
Jodi
4 comments:
You need a new baby now. Someone needs a home and your love!
I hope you can change Bob's mind. :)
Awww, Jodi, I know the adjustment is hard. I'm so sorry! :(
Hugs, Jodi. It's such a tough adjustment. I haven't been in a pet-free house for about as long as I can remember, so I can imagine how strange it would be to suddenly have that kind of unnatural quiet. I hope you guys find a new special furry guy (or gal) to share your home - soon!
Post a Comment