Friday, June 26, 2009

Commentary

Every "blogger" on the planet is airing their thoughts about the events of the past week, so I suppose I should air some of my own...

Death comes in "threes". I think probably my grandmother wasn't the first to note this trend, but maybe it seems more real this week.

First we bid a sad farewell to the greatest comedic sidekick ever, Ed McMahon. I loved Ed! Seriously... I thought many of his comments/antics were funnier than Johnny himself (though I'll never stop loving Johnny).

Then we lost Farrah Fawcet. She was dreamy, wasn't she? I suppose I wasn't as "aware" of her Angel days as some, but I was certainly influenced by her feathered hair. My sisters and I tired that style OUT! And certainly none of us can argue with her gallant effort to beat the beast of cancer. Farrah was beautiful in her prime, and her beauty never faded throughout her fight.

And then the world lost Michael. OH, NO! You probably don't know this, but once upon a time, I was going to marry Michael Jackson. Really, I was! It would have only taken us meeting one time for us to fall madly in love, marry and make beautiful babies! Our lives were just that one meeting away from being right.

Sadly, Michael and I never met... then he went off the deep end... and I found Bob.

Crisis Averted!
XO
Jodi

No comments: