Monday, November 10, 2008

Weekend Update

Bob and I spent Saturday morning in a state of relaxing-laziness, but by early afternoon we'd both begun to feel too guilty about our un-done chores to continue lazing about. So, I set off to do some shopping for Christmas and groceries while Bob tended to mulching the leaves that were collecting on the lawn far too rapidly.

I had a hankering for ham this week, so before I left the house for my shopping excursion, I put a ham shank in the oven. Note: There is no ham shank small enough for two people... we'll be eating ham leftovers for quite some time! Regardless, our "Easter in November" dinner of ham, macaroni and cheese, green beans and rolls was delightful.

We also enjoyed ham and cheese omelets on Sunday morning before we made our way through the various homestead tasks that needed to be accomplished. Once my Sunday morning chores were done, I headed to my grand-niece's first birthday party.

Happy Birthday, Ari!

After the birthday party, Bob watched the Colts game while I labored over our chicken enchiladas. We watched TV while the enchiladas took hold of our mid-sections and then we headed to bed. Monday mornings always come too soon!

It was a good weekend, but I really should have done more about getting some proofreading done for work. How does that saying go? "Always put off what can be done tomorrow...?"

Suffice to say I'll be catching up on after-hours proofreading all week.

XO
Jodi

No comments: